View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #195
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
I hate when people say other people's criticisms are invalid because they feel what you are critiquing isn't relevant. You don't feel the same. That's fine, but it's condescending to say, "You aren't criticising the right thing, so you're just wrong." Again, that's why I generally don't like reading SR supporter posts. Eventually the debate devolves to...."you didn't like it because you didn't get it."
I agree with you on this. People are generally very defensive about their opinions. A lot of people (and I'm not say all) seem to think their own opinion is the truth and whatever other people think is in invalid. I like discussions, whatever subject, but more often than not it ends up in a 'fight' or a 'I'm right and you're wrong' discussion. Which is not a discussion at all.

I think it's good everyone has his or her own opinion. But as soon as people start to attack other people because of that different view I take my leave.

If I may add, charl_huntress, and don't get me the wrong way, I'm not trying to put you down or offend you in anyway: It's not only the supporters who are defensive about their opinions. It's also non-supporters. I've seen it happen many a time (not just on this forum) and it bothers me greatly. People should be allowed to voice their own opinions with out being offensive or rude to one and other. An honest and fair discussion is never wrong.

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Nevaratoiel is offline   Reply With Quote