View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #40
Glassjaw
In training

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman: - Part 10

I've yet to see Cold Light of Day, it was tempting seeing it on the shelves of Sainsburys but I resisted my curiosity.

I have just however borrowed my brothers copy of The Tudors season one, specifically to check out Cavill, as I'd only seen him in Immortals. He is good in it, his character exudes confidence, and I can see that confidence transitioning over to MoS. I hope his role grows in the next few series, I need to get my hands on a copy. He does all he can within the role, considering its very much Jonathan Rhys Meyers' show - he's fantastic. The whole cast is, there's not a weak link amongst them.

In fact I'd argue it's the opposite of Cold Light of Day (from what I understand). By which I mean, The Tudor's production and script is obviously A grade stuff - every actor rises to the occasion, brings their A game, and people know their watching a damn good show. Much like TCLoD seems the opposite, the material giving the actors little to go on, so no one can really bring anything special to the table, performance wise. It's this reason most of us aren't getting worried over Cavill and his MoS prospects.