View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
ShaneHelms
CS Model 101

Default Re: The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loviatar View Post
shane, i've only painted on latex prosthetics, personally, so my suggestions might not be the best, but if you have no ideas you could always use liquid latex. you run the risk of losing the smooth texture if you are not careful. with liquid latex i have mixed acrylic paint in, or various other colorants... grease face paint, paint pigments, or eyeshadow. if you use liquid latex you can get it in clear and it will dry sticky, which is great for using pigment powders since it will let them stick without losing their luster (great for shiney stuff). i like searching the cheap makeup aisle at walgreens for colors since you can get a wide assortment of good metallics for very little money.

i also found this... http://www.monstermakers.com/categor...olorants.html/ which is specifically for painting on cast latex masks.. might be your best bet? if you are not in love with the colors remember you can mix things in. it looks like it is just liquid latex mixed with acrylic paint though, so you could probably do that on your own. liquid latex will be very sticky though, so again i will say it is a good idea to find an eyeshadow that will match the color you want, and some transparent powder as well (baby powder will make things look pale).
i like using small torn up sponges to apply liquid latex- you have to change them out often, otherwise you get clumpy weirdness going on. at some craft stores you can get packs of them on handles in the stenciling section.
Thanks for the tips brother. I'm going to try and work on it this week. We'll see how it turns out.