View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #13
kthevs
Banned User

Default Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatanna View Post
Neither woman developed a "deep" connection with him in my view. Selina did not have that many scenes with Batman nor Bruce in order to fully build a connection/relationship that concludes running away together when the dust settled from the battle in Gotham. I've seen the film 3 times and I just didn't feel it. Doesn't seem like Bruce feels it either by the way he reacts to her kiss. And Talia/Miranda? It's not even really worth mentioning because it was manipulation and complete lack of caring on her side.

When it comes to who Bruce Wayne shared the deepest connection with, when you look at all 3 films and all 3 women, it's Rachel, even if she didn't "understand his mission", which I don't think is entirely true. She couldn't handle it.
Nolan doesn't spell everything it in the movie. The official novel does a great job of showing the connection between Bruce and Selina. He effects her in a way that no man ever has. And the last kiss,I don't know what you're talking about because he clearly enjoys both kisses. In the book it talks about how passionate the last kiss is and how he kisses her back and how he wishes the moment could go on longer and that they had more time together. Just the fact that he gives her his mother's pearls speaks volumes.

Their bond is the true one. Bruce and Rachel didn't have much of a bond as adults. She could never understand him, which is why she chose Harvey over him and didn't even bother to tell him that in person.

But of course, you've proven yourself to be very anti Bruce/Selina in the past, so your comment here doesn't surprise anyone. But all that being said, please don't make things up by acting like Bruce reacted poorly to Selina's kisses. That is simply not true.

Last edited by kthevs; 09-24-2012 at 10:13 AM.
kthevs is offline   Reply With Quote