View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #34
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthevs View Post
He knew Rachel the longest, but after they became adults, there was no even ground between them. She could never understand how broken he was, which is part of the reason why she chose Harvey.
I think Rachel did understand how broken he was, that's why she felt he would never stop needing to put on that costume and be Batman. Batman was an outlet for his pain and anger. She thought Batman had become his real face and Bruce Wayne was his mask.

That sounds like a very broken man to me.

Quote:
As was said on the production notes by either Emma Thomas or Jonah Nolan (can't remember which it was), Selina is the yin to Bruce's yang. How often does a guy who dresses up in black and sneak out at night meet someone else who dresses up in black and sneaks out at night. The "so that's what that feels like" scene sums it up nicely.
Agreed. I just wish we had more of those moments. Every scene with Selina was a joy. Anne was wonderful in her scenes with Christian. I just wish there had been more of them.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote