View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
VenomShock
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mirror Scenes and Dialogue in TDK Trilogy

"Better men"

In Batman Begins, Thomas Wayne tells Bruce that he leaves the running of Wayne Enterprises to "better men", which Bruce questions. He then replies "well... more interested men".

In TDKR Lucius tells Bruce about the faulty autopilot and said it would require a better mind, which Bruce questions once again. Fox then responds with "I mean a less occupied mind... yours".
---
Rises and Begins also feature Bruce talking to Gordon with a ski-mask on, representing his dual identity.
---
Police Chase in Begins and TDKR (featuring much of the same music which was absent from the second installment)
---
The Bats flying at Bruce/Blake in the batcave while they hold the portable light, causing them at first to duck, then ultimately stand amongst them.
---
Another from Begins and Rises, which was beautiful to me, more thematic, though. The "Why do we Fall?" clip with his father coming down the well and saving him bookended with Bruce escaping the pit which was similar in concept, except rather than being terrified by the bats, they accompany him during his escape.
---
Carried through all 3, the witty retort that's used against the original speaker. In BB it was Fox to Mr. Earl "Didn't you get the memo?". In TDK it was Fox to Lau "I'm sure a business man of your stature would understand". In TDKR it was Batman to Bane "You have my permission to die".
---
BB and TDK both had montages featuring the same music that featured Bruce and Alfred as they put a plan together. In BB it was the basics of the Batsuit and technology utilization, in TDK it was Bruce and Alfred deciding how to nab Lau from Hong Kong and "thinking of an alibi".
---
BB and TDK had that "repeated moral" that Bruce learns from somebody earlier in the film and repeats once it comes into context at the end. BB had "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me", TDK had "You either die the hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
---
TDK and TDKR both begin with a scene that doesn't even feature the hero, just the villains pretending to be their own goons and then devising a pretty unique and abstract escape attempt. TDK had Joker Bank Robbery, TDKR had Bane's kidnapping of Pavel.
---
TDK and TDKR both featured the same music the same time Batman appears for the first time (which is also the music heard when all three films cut to credits).
---
TDK and TDKR both feature bits of the same scene, with Gordon at a memorial service for Harvey Dent. TDK had it at the very end, TDKR had it at the very beginning.
---
TDK and TDKR feature similar ending montages, including a nice little resolution with the batsymbol. Destruction in TDK, Repair in TDKR.
---
Alfred's Tangerine Story in TDK mirrors to some degree his Florence story in TDKR, both take place infront of the bat-computer and deal with Alfred trying to bring wisdom to a dilemma Bruce is having.
---

Another I just though of: Ras tells Bruce in Batman Begins "If someone stands in the way of true justice, you merely walk up behind them... and stab them in the heart". Talia stabs him near the end of TDKR and pretty much breaks his heart at the same time.

VenomShock is offline   Reply With Quote