View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #90
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Default Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

If you ask me, I would say yes. It would be a different story though. She did rob him in Rises. She was a thief, and Bruce still liked her. She was lost, much the same he was in the past. I think it is safe to assume that Batman could see good in her. The fact that she was a survivor reminds me of the flashback in Begins where Bruce tells Ra's that the first time he stole:

Bruce Wayne: The first time I stole so that I wouldn't starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong.

I still think that, even she appears for one movie, Selina Kyle's character and his interactions with Bruce Wayne conveys a lot of meaning and substance, and it is satisfactory for the characters themselves and for us as viewers. We really don't need to see more. At the end we know that Bruce overcame his pain, he made Gotham a better place, and is willing to have a better life.

We can't help but put ourselves in Alfred's shoes. We want Bruce to be happy, and at the end, faith was rewarded.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote