View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #91
J0k3r
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which female character shared a deeper connection w/ Bruce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
If you ask me, I would say yes. It would be a different story though. She did rob him in Rises. She was a thief, and Bruce still liked her. She was lost, much the same he was in the past. I think it is safe to assume that Batman could see good in her. The fact that she was a survivor reminds me of the flashback in Begins where Bruce tells Ra's that the first time he stole:

Bruce Wayne: The first time I stole so that I wouldn't starve, yes. I lost many assumptions about the simple nature of right and wrong.

I still think that, even she appears for one movie, Selina Kyle's character and his interactions with Bruce Wayne conveys a lot of meaning and substance, and it is satisfactory for the characters themselves and for us as viewers. We really don't need to see more. At the end we know that Bruce overcame his pain, he made Gotham a better place, and is willing to have a better life.

We can't help but put ourselves in Alfred's shoes. We want Bruce to be happy, and at the end, faith was rewarded.
I agree. The most interesting aspect of Bruce and Selina relationship in comics, cartoons or any other place is see how their interactions affect each other, without the "couple" thing. They aren't that in Rises, they are kinda building some embasament to be that someday. And I liked we just saw the "start" of that because, at first, to me, seeing them as a stable couple is... I don't know, boring. And second, because I don't know if Nolan could write that properly.

J0k3r is offline   Reply With Quote