View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #88
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
Just watched The Avengers Blu-Ray and then watched my Blu-Ray of The Incredible Hulk.

It will be my greatest regret of the Marvel Cinematic Universe that Norton was recast. I love Norton AND Ruffalo's take on the character - I just wish we had ONE Bruce Banner in the series -- it's a terrible shame things didn't work out....

Same for Terrance Howard as Rhodey and Maggie Gyllenhaal from the Dark Knight Trilogy.

Would have been nice....

HOPEFULLY what this did was give the Marvel execs motivation to not foul up again.

It worked this time -- Mark is fantastic -- but don't take that chance again. It sadly almost moves The Incredible Hulk to the edge of the continuity, and that's a shame as it is one of the BEST films in the MCU Franchise.

-R
I do agree that despite how much I personally prefer Mark over Edward's performance and characterization of the character, that it is difficult to deal with the fact that despite by all accounts, Mark's Bruce is supposed to be the same one that experienced the events that we saw in "TIH". It would have really helped if we could have gotten one character from the TIH film to star in a minor role in "The Avengers" alongside Mark's Bruce. I mean, one could easily say that they just erased TIH out of the MCU's continuity. I mean you could go into "The Avengers" without having seen TIH and still understand on what's going on with Bruce Banner and get equally invested in him as opposed to the other solo films.

If anything, I'd add more to that and say that it's hard to really picture films like "Iron Man 1" and "TIH" into the continuity of the MCU since unlike "Iron Man 2", "Thor", and "Captain America:TFA", Iron Man 1 and TIH had a very different tone for me personally; I mean those two films felt like they could really take place in our world, whereas the latter three had a more fantasy feel to it in some cases.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote