View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 AM   #13
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elayis View Post
Just thought I'd post this again since it's a new thread and I wasn't sure if anyone caught it before...

The reason Batman got a new costume in TDK was because his costume in BB was created by a different creative team and was not Nolan's ideal suit design. From what I've gathered from various interviews he did about the costume designs from the first two films, Nolan came onto the film too late to fiddle too much with the suit (it might've already been manufactured and thus WB had already sunk the bulk of it's costume budget into it).
Obviously, Nolan wasn’t totally satisfied with the first batsuit and took the opportunity to change it in TDK. But the BB suit was an original creation - not a hand-me-down from some prior production.

Also - these costumes have to be custom-made for the actor (literally molded). So even if there was a closet-full of pre-existing batsuits (from, say, the Aronofsky days), they’d be useless (no $ savings) for BB.