View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #782
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
If The Avengers takes place almost a year later after THOR then I have a question. When Loki, Selvig and Hawkeye obtain the Tesseract after shooting Fury, as they were leaving I noticed Loki bent over as he was walking, like he stumbled. He looked all worn out when he arrived(all sweaty, etc.)like he did when he fell into the abyss. The same way he looked all roughed up in the scene with Selvig and Fury(after credits scene on THOR). If it was a year later then he must've looked like crap because of traveling through the portal right?
Yeah, that's always been my belief, that the journey through the portal was not a pleasant one. If I remember correctly, in one of the children's/junior novelizations that covers just the first part of the movie (can't remember which one). It describes Loki's arrival more as him having to claw his way through the portal (really wish they had done a visualization like that).

There's also, perhaps, this interview that could be taken into account as well:
Quote:
http://www.craveonline.com/film/inte...tom-hiddleston

There was a gap between Thor and The Avengers, and we see at the beginning of The Avengers that some… “stuff” has happened.

Yes.

And we still haven’t really gotten into it in detail. We get a hint at the end of the film. Did Joss [Whedon] fill you in on that? Was that vital to your character?

Yeah, we talked about it a lot. We talked about this idea that Loki disappears through that wormhole of space and time, when the Bifrost is destroyed, and he kind of goes through the Seventh Circle of Hell. And he’s on his own. He’s on his own in the dark corners of the universe, and the journey he goes on is pretty horrible. It’s like getting lost in the rainforest or something. You’re going to come out the other side a bit mangled on the outside, and on the inside...

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote