View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #674
VictoriaR85
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I might anger some collectors but I've realized that I don't need to buy all the MM figures just to complete the Bat-signal, the reason being is that I can't justify paying $16.95 for one action figure, that's just way too expensive it used to be that kids would beg their parents for toys and now how can a kid spend their hard earned allowance on these?

Star Wars figures are at $8.99, G.I.Joe's are at $9.99 and the Marvel figures go for the same almost, did toy companies forget that kids are the main target for these toys?
Prices are more expensive than ever on toys. It's no secret. However, it's not all because of the greed of the corporations. Gas prices are high, the cost of materials is rising, and China has been relegating higher wages. You can't really get upset at the latter, at least. Most (if not all) of these toys are made out there. The reality is that prices will probably continue to rise from here on out. And as always, toy collecting is a hobby. If the price of an action figure is worth it to you, then you'll buy it. If it's not, then you won't.