View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: How about a solo Avengers franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
As a fanboy, I'd definitely like to see benchwarmer Avengers get their shot at some solo love, sure; but realistically, there's no reason to separate Avengers for a showcase project when they were primarily known as members of the team.

In other words, characters like Vision, Hawkeye, Hank Pym, Wasp, Wanda & Pietro, Ms. Marvel and others owe almost the entirety of their comic-book fame to being members of the Avenger franchise, *not* due to any low-sales extraneous mini-series, one-shots, or "Amazing Mystery Tales to Astonish Two-In-One" anthologies. So in all respects, these characters should likewise be introduced within the Avengers movie franchise itself.
I guess one reason would be to account for what they're up to in between Avengers movies. Like, what are Banner, Hawkeye, and Black Widow up to between TA and TA2 while Iron Man, Thor and Cap are off on their own adventures? Sitting around at home? I guess it could be a Natalie Portman thing where they can be mentioned without showing up, but that would get old real fast once you have 5-6 secondary Avengers waiting around, actually warming the bench between movies.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote