View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #408
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
So, the millions of people in theatres opening night are less representative of the general public than six guys in an old theatre who have seen the movie three times already? That's a bit obtuse. The TDK franchise isn't breaking records with Batman/Nolan fans, it's breaking records because the whole general public goes to see them opening night/day. I could see if you said that opening weekend saturday night would be better representative of the general public, but generally, crowd reactions are the same, because the same thirty million people watching this one are the same thirty million people who saw the previous film in the franchise. Being a Batman or Nolan fan doesn't make Scarecrow important, watching Batman Begins does, something millions and millions of general moviegoers have done. Sorry about the spoilers.

You can make up whatever reason you want to to explain why Loki's dominating in the polls, the end result is: the idea that people only go to see the heroes is absolute balderdash.
Stop trying to spin crap. You know damn well that only big Batman fans are going to start cheering when ****ing Scarecrow shows up onscreen. The GA might recognize him but they sure as hell aren't going to cheer.

Your other bit of nonsense is wrong too, even though I never said any such thing, so you ought to direct it at whoever did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Which polls is he "dominating" in?
the one at CBM lol. Science!

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote