View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #195
Drizzle
All the chicken.

Default Re: Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
The deleted scene with Cap in costume throwing his shield at the camera is notably absent from the Blu-Ray...
That shot where he's in the alleyway? Something about that always seemed off to me, even in the commercials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
That Cap/Peggy scene was written but never actually filmed. Whedon cut it out while editing the script during production.
I figured as much. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have that scene in Cap 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
The target bonus disc has a very in-depth documentary and it's a little under two hours. And look I enjoy those but not every DVD release has a two hour documentary.

To me the bonus documentary is awesome since it starts from the beginning of Phase 1 and goes all the way through Avengers and gives each movie it's own focused segment.

I'm not sure how we could have much more deleted scenes we got 15 minutes worth on this DVD.

I remember being pretty disappointed with what came out for Iron Man since we got no commentary for example. We got commentary this time which is the important thing.
Yeah, but the majority of the focus of the 90 minute documentary is on the other five films, which is great, but we've seen it before with the other special features for the Marvel films. The reason why The Avengers deserves a 2 hour documentary on its own is because of its scope and size. It's also a game changer for the superhero genre.