View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #417
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Kang is way cooler than Thanos anyway.
I'm the minority, but just like Black Panther, I just don't like Kang too much. I like him as a villain, but he is not someone I would get excited about seeing. Like Thanos, or Bill, or Ultron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Starlin's statement "confirms" just GOTG and TA2 easily enough. All you have to do is use common sense:

1) Starlin was upset that Marvel used Thanos without his permission. He was ready to sue.
2) Marvel sat down for talks with Starlin. Now Starlin is happy again, and he knows Thanos will be in GOTG and TA2. Why? Because they're now paying the residuals he's owed....why else? The last thing they want is Thanos getting held up in trademark court for years of legal wrangling.

So if Marvel intends to use Thanos beyond GOTG and TA2, they damn well would've informed Starlin (and his lawyers), or else there'd be hell to pay. Cappice?
Yet you don't address Feige's comments about some things carrying over from phase 2 and phase 3.

Obviously Marvel would contact Starlin if they planned on using him beyond Phase 2 Sam. But there is no reason for them to do so now.

these movies beyond phase 3 are not confirmed, guardians and TA2 ARE. There is no point in having Starlin sign off on movies that haven't technically been green lit yet. If feige plans on using Thanos beyond phase 2, I am sure they will then again, contact Starlin. But for now, there is NO reason for them to contact Starlin about Phase 3 movies, because no phase 3 movies haven't been confirmed. Capice?