View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #435
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Why not? At some arbitrary convention, he *did* say "Hey guys, Marvel told me Thanos will be in Avengers 2 and GOTG." (Pretty sure Marvel wasn't happy about that, either.)

Waitaminnit....you're the one who's been lobbying loudest for a trilogy with Thanos being the Big Boss in TA3, Infinity Gauntlet and all that. Are you saying now that Marvel might not be developing this as a single story arc (read: trilogy) after all....? Because you're now saying they don't know how TA3/Phase III will end and haven't storyboarded your Thanos/IG plot yet. It would be like Lucas planning out ESB and not having a clue where the story is going after Bespin. Doesn't sound like a well-planned out "trilogy" after all, now, does it?

Or, it would be a fair guess that he was saying that Phase II movies would hint at the next threat the Avengers face in Phase III. Since, you know, that's exactly what he said.
That's not exactly what he said. The only thing we can be sure of, is that the events the lead to the conclusion of phase 2, will lead to the conclusion of phase 3 at well. So, using what you believe, the thing that will lead to the end of whatever they do with Thanos, will lead to the end of whatever they do with phase 3 as well.

Either way, Fiege SAID, that the events leading up to the conclusion will also lead to the conclusion of phase 3. That is exactly what he said. He didn't say anything about a new threat. All he said, in an interview about thanos, is that the things that lead up to the conclusion of phase 2, will ALSO lead to the conclusion of phase 3.

And to my comment, no, that's not what I am saying at all. All I am saying is that those movies are not in "development" yet, and that there is no reason to sign off on a character.