View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #436
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
That's not exactly what he said. The only thing we can be sure of, is that the events the lead to the conclusion of phase 2, will lead to the conclusion of phase 3 at well. So, using what you believe, the thing that will lead to the end of whatever they do with Thanos, will lead to the end of whatever they do with phase 3 as well.

Either way, Fiege SAID, that the events leading up to the conclusion will also lead to the conclusion of phase 3. That is exactly what he said. He didn't say anything about a new threat. All he said, in an interview about thanos, is that the things that lead up to the conclusion of phase 2, will ALSO lead to the conclusion of phase 3.
Let me show you the quote again, even though I posted it two posts back:

Quote:
"Clearly, there's a purpose to us putting him in the end of that movie. We do have plans for him," said Feige. "I wouldn't say we ever feel the need to rush anything one way or the other. We succeeded in Phase One because we stuck to our guns and stuck to the plan. That plan took place over many, many years and it ultimately paid off. I see Phase Two unfolding in the same way of us taking our time, us doing what's right for each individual movie, while folding in elements that will not only build up to the culmination of Phase Two, but even Phase Three."
So let's take a hypothetical here: pretend for a moment that Phase III is about the Kree-Skrull War. (I'm not saying it is or trying to advance it as a theory; so everybody STFU before you even get started. ) Pretend for a moment that GOTG features a cameo --- even a drive-by blink-and-ya-miss-it shot for the fanboys --- of Mar-Vell. And maybe Ronan the Accuser. Pretend for a moment that Ms. Marvel gets announced for a Phase III solo movie. And pretend that it all wraps up with the Kree and Skrulls having at it in TA3, and the Avengers right there in the mix, along with Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers. Now, does that scenario fit in with what Feige is saying? Yes. Does that scenario feature Thanos in Phase III at all? No.

Cappice?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now   Reply With Quote