View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #725
....I need a horse!
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
I think it should be Captain Marvel. "Ms. Marvel" just doesn't strike me as that powerful.

You could even have a playful dialogue about it, referencing her old name.

PERSON: Uh, excuse me, miss--?
CAROL: It's Captain.

idk, just spit-balling. Could also be funny with Captain America and Captain Marvel on the same team. Provides for fun banter
Nah. Carol is fine for me. Carol is Ms. Marvel. I don't care that she is now Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel, in my eyes, was, is, and always will be Mar-vell. Period.

Not gunna lie, I have become less of a fan since the name change

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Basically this

There is something about this I don't like. Maybe its because of personal experience, but I hate arrogant personalities in women, even if its a fictional super hero. Which is weird, because even though I hate that about Ms. Marvel, she's my favorite female hero.

Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The name Captain Marvel comes with a buttload of baggage, imho. Not just on Marvel's side, where it's been applied to *several* characters both male and female, but of course in DC Comics as well.

I still think Warbird is an ideal name, especially if they give Carol the fighter pilot backstory.
Yeah. It can't be Captain Marvel. I hate that. To me, Captain Marvel will ALWAYS...ALWAYS be Mar-vell. Always. Hell, if Ms. Marvel appears, I'd hope her power origins are somewhat Kree originated. If that is the case, maybe we can get Mar-vell in a possible Guardians sequel.

Don't forget to vote for the BLACK PANTHER Vs CAPTAIN AMERICA fight

New MCU battles will be held each week in the Marvel Films forum!

Join our discussion on the MCU's Power Tier -

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.