View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 PM   #725
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJM View Post
I think it should be Captain Marvel. "Ms. Marvel" just doesn't strike me as that powerful.

You could even have a playful dialogue about it, referencing her old name.

PERSON: Uh, excuse me, miss--?
CAROL: It's Captain.

idk, just spit-balling. Could also be funny with Captain America and Captain Marvel on the same team. Provides for fun banter
Nah. Carol is fine for me. Carol is Ms. Marvel. I don't care that she is now Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel, in my eyes, was, is, and always will be Mar-vell. Period.

Not gunna lie, I have become less of a fan since the name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Basically this

There is something about this I don't like. Maybe its because of personal experience, but I hate arrogant personalities in women, even if its a fictional super hero. Which is weird, because even though I hate that about Ms. Marvel, she's my favorite female hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The name Captain Marvel comes with a buttload of baggage, imho. Not just on Marvel's side, where it's been applied to *several* characters both male and female, but of course in DC Comics as well.

I still think Warbird is an ideal name, especially if they give Carol the fighter pilot backstory.
Yeah. It can't be Captain Marvel. I hate that. To me, Captain Marvel will ALWAYS...ALWAYS be Mar-vell. Always. Hell, if Ms. Marvel appears, I'd hope her power origins are somewhat Kree originated. If that is the case, maybe we can get Mar-vell in a possible Guardians sequel.

Last edited by jaqua99; 10-12-2012 at 02:24 PM.