View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #124
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Coster-Waldau could be Lukin, but I'm betting the retcon on them making Zemo become Bucky's handler instead, since he's a more popular villain.

As for Crossbones, I don't see it. For one thing, Crossbones needs to be a hulkster, and neither Holloway nor Coster-Waldau come even close for that kind of physicality. And from a fanboy standpoint, I say no way in hell you have Crossbones without Red Skull first. Johan is the reason Crossbones got his name: Red SKULL and CROSSBONES....get it?

Crossbones doesn't show up until Skully does.

Here's my take on Holloway: John Walker. Sawyer in Lost *is* US Agent. 'Nuff said.
I wouldn't be shocked if they used Lukin. Marvel Studios isn't afraid use villains that make more sense for the story (Iron Monger in Iron Man 1, Malekith in Thor 2) over characters that the fans want (Mandarin, Enchantress.)

As for Crossbones, there are a millions of reasons he could be called Crossbones. He could be part of a Hydra element that's followed Schmidt's lead over the generations. We don't know.

I hope they don't use John Walker, as the hero side is already overstuffed with Captain America, Falcon, Bucky, Sharon Carter, and Black Widow.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel