View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:59 AM   #73
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Yeah, being that Galactus is a non-option, it seems to accurately describe any number of Doctor Strange villains, but few others.

Though it perfectly describes Dweller in Darkness, it would be odd for him to be added at this point. With Loki, Malekith/Kurse/Svartalfheim and Thanos already on the table. I'm not saying impossible, just surprising to me.
Yes, I agree that Cthulhu --- I mean, The Dweller --- would be a left-field addition to the storyline. But Malekith and Kurse sure don't fit the synopsis, and (again) it's pretty clear that the synopsis regards them as a separate threat after this "shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself." And Surtur definitely doesn't fit *that* description. Thanos doesn't either, but he's the most likely to have his backstory revamped to qualify....but I hope to hell not. Thanos has a rich story to draw from; he doesn't need some Kirby-style pre-Big Bang Grand Cosmic Poobah addendum to make him more than he already is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
The Beyonder might Predate the universe since he's not from our universe and space and time don't exist for him. It would be nice if marvel introduced the existence of the other gods of the Marvel universe.
Beyonder would certainly fit the bill, and would be a literal reading of Simonson's Kurse story; so you might be on the money there. But Beyonder, classically, is something of a joke in fandom; and if he *is* going to be introduced, the first question that fanboys will ask is "OMG WHAR'S SECRET WARS?!?!?"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014