View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #758
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
With Thanos in the picture, there remains the very real possibility that half the universe is about to get wiped out. And I'll bet you one shiny silver dollar that Feige and Company have no intention of showing a single casualty in that most massive of mass murders. It's like when the Death Star vaporized Alderaan --- nobody was clamoring to see all the dead bodies to "prove" that a terrible thing had just happened.
Now who said anything about 'proof?'

What Star Wars did, was they killed a few people, I think Obi Wan killed that guy in the bar, and Han shot Greedo, and then you got Owen and Beru's skeleton's smouldering, it addresses the dark themes of the storyline quite well, instead of leaving this big giant chasm between the visuals and the themes/story by having nearly ALL of the death implied. Concrete death was so scarce in Avengers, some people even believe the one person we saw get stabbed through the chest and bleed (as LMDs are prone to do) wasn't dead at all, before any other evidence of him being alive existed!

But again, I'm glad your telepathy is working. I always wonder about Marvel's deepest intentions. I'm usually distracted by their actions, in which showing gruesome deaths of numerous aliens is just fine.