View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
Arach Knight
Abstraction of Logic

Default Re: Iron Man: Rise of Technovore (Anime Film)

The plot is a bit dated in terms of style. How many times has Tony battled someone that had some kind of weapons tech that rivals or supposedly outclasses his armor? Wasn't that the plot behind Iron Man 2 and all of those automated battle suits that he and Rhodey fought? Also, Tony having a stand off with S.H.I.E.L.D. is also dated. Who writes these plots? I would love it if Marvel followed DC's footsteps. Batman Gotham Knight turned out so well because actual DC authors wrote the plots and scripts for that feature.

I will admit that Gotham Knight was actually meant for a Western audience, where as the Marvel anime are meant for a Japanese audience, but perhaps that is where the disconnect is. I feel like the Japanese have little grasp on our characters and their lore. Sure Warren Ellis helped guide much of the project and even wrote much of the story for the Iron Man anime, but in the end...I found the project to be a disappointment. Rise of the Technovore seems to be treading the same path as the previous enteries from this foreign exchange projecct.

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/46178721/large.gif
Arach Knight is offline   Reply With Quote