View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #794
Godzilla2000
The Real Deal

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamantium View Post
With that being said, then I assumed wrong when I first saw the movie, and I bet Thanos didn't have any sway on Loki's "imagined slights" as Thor called it. Going through hell basically he was gnashing and weeping to his own self and convinced himself that Thor had let go. Man, I wish they'd get deep like this and even deeper in their story telling in Phase 2, now that all the origin based stuff is done.
I'm thinking that when Thanos might have been literally beating down Loki's ego a notch Loki was crying out for Odin and Thor to rescue him but never getting a reply or salvation from them. This could owe a lot to why he was so ruthless in Avengers. The abuse Loki must have suffered at Thanos' hands to toughen him up must have been excruciating both physically and mentally, hence why he looked so dragged out and feral at the beginning of the movie. I certainly hope Loki disclosing the hell he'd gone through under Thanos dominion gets touched upon in Thor 2, possibly creating a moment of reconciliation and healing between he and Odin.