View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #231
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I remember the Entertainment Weekly writer referring to Bane as a jacked-up puppet which seemed to imply he was stupid or was somehow in the same category as Daggett. Yeah, there was a ruse but that description went too far.
I think part of it is still people not being able to disconnect TDKR Bane from B&R Bane. 'Oh good, he's not a mindless goon like in B&R! Oh wait, he has connections with other villians. He must be a goon'
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
He was ready to die for her when Talia hit the trigger to the bomb. Bane was a cowed man in her presence, perhaps out of love as Talia says. Only until she said the equivalent of goodbye forever and was gone did he go against himself as well on what he told Bruce in the Pit, that he would have to wait until Gotham is ashes before Bruce could die. It showed Bane was now just too scared to even guard Batman for 11 minutes and allowed Selina to kill him without coming across as a murderer.

Anyway, this mostly makes Bane a better, more interesting character in my book than say, The Joker.
I wouldn't say Bane was too scared, just that he wanted the satisfaction of killing Bruce. His plan originally was probably to escape with Talia and the core LOS members (Barsad, for instance) and finish off Bruce while he lies helpless and paralysed in the pit, and for Talia to reveal herself then.

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote