View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #958
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
lol, yes i'm aware that the actors are busy with other work...but my point is that if the show is set post-Avengers, many would wonder why our new agents don't make an appearance.

This would be a non-issue with a pre-Avengers show.

People might wonder where the other agents are, but chances are that the issue will be addressed in some way. Fury, Romanoff, Barton and (to a lesser extent) Hill are far more prominent SHIELD characters whom we know will not be on the show, no matter when it's set. That would be a bigger issue than the absence of some bit players in a short film that many viewers won't have seen anyway. Whedon can handle that situation in any number of ways: stationing Coulson and his agents at a distant SHIELD facility, having the characters move around constantly following leads (a la X-Files), etc. There will be some explanation for why the SHIELD agents we know from the films (apart from Coulson) are nowhere to be seen, I'm sure.

One sore spot for me is that they don't plan to use any of the established SHIELD agents from the comics in the series. This would seem to be an ideal way to add in people like Clay Quartermain, Jimmy Woo, Wendell Vaughn, etc., to the MCU (or MTU). It would be fun to see the old gang from the original comic book series brought to life, but I guess we won't get that.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote