View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #49
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Michael C. Hall isnt a movie star, and nothing about his work on Dexter suggests he ever will be. He could get "character actor" work in films, sure. In fact, he almost certainly will once Dexter is over. Or he can star in moderately budgeted niche films. But the idea that hes gonna be the next big action star is ludicrous. 0% chance that happening. Not dissing the guy cuz hes very good on an otherwise mediocre show. And he was great on Six Feet Under. He simply doesnt have the face or the resume for it. And hes like 42, so that kind of "buzz" would have already happened. It hasnt.
WOW.

You really underestimate MCH.

To add insult to injury, you think he doesn't have "the face" to be an action star yet Chris Pine is a worthy candidate for DD. Sighs.

Jose Padilha, the brilliant mind behind the ELITE SQUAD films wanted MCH for ROBOCOP. His second choice was Fassbender.

Not only does Hall's face have tremendous charisma & ruggedness, but his acting abilities are fantastic.

What really shocks me about your rant against Hall & DEXTER is that if tomorrow the writers decided to make Dexter blind & equipped him with sonar senses - the show becomes DAREDEVIL.

The themes that make DD interesting have been explored on Dexter countless times.

I agree that some actors due to restrictions in acting range/looks will never translate well from TV to film. Michael C. Hall ain't one of them.

Once he exits DEXTER, the guy's going places.

This cover by Maleev screams Hall to me.

Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 10-18-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote