View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Default Re: So Ms. Marvel and Falcon are definitely in? Oh and what about Ant Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Ant-man 2015...won't be in avengers 2
You're missing my point: it's unlikely, but not impossible. The way I see it, one of two things is happening here.

1) Marvel will throw references to Ant Man throughout A2/feature him at the end of the movie in a post credits scene to endorse the movie coming out later that year. OR

2) Marvel will have Ant Man as a member of the team in this movie. Now this could happen in two or so scenarios:

a) Hank Pym is Ant Man and at the end is forced to pass on the mantle to Scott Lang from either injury or personal decision. OR

b) Scott Lang is Ant Man and a member of the team.

I think option 2 is quite possible. Most people in the GA either don't know who Ant Man is or they think his character is a stupid concept. I can't tell you how many friends have told me how dumb the idea of Ant Man sounds and many said that no one would go see it. They could show him as a member of the team and give him a significant role in the plot of Avengers 2 alongside the favorites. This way the GA will see him in action in the way that Marvel wants to portray him in the MCU (hopefully whatever that may be is something good) so they'll be warmed to the idea of the character. Then his movie comes out conveniently at the end of the same year that they saw him in Avengers. So they're more inclined to go see him again if they liked him in A2. This is just what I think could be possible but like people have said it's pretty unlikely at this point :/

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote