View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #72
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
@SoNicRaDiATioN

go read darren's year one script he made alfred a black mechanic named big al who didn't know or live with bruce and his parents
I remember reading that script awhile back, and hating it. A bad Batman script doesn't mean we'll get a bad Wolverine one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
dont talk to us about imagination unless you want characters and mythology disrespected
I don't see Wolverine or the mythology being disrespected in those scene discriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I disagree as I don't see Wolverine doing that in those scenarios. I think better risks can be taken with Wolverine that are more in line with the character.
That's fair enough. I think it's in his nature to do those things under those circumstances. Everything in those discriptions read "Wolverine" to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Exactly. It's not a matter of "not having imagination" because you don't like where Aronofsky was supposedly taking this. Not liking it is not liking it. I feel he was taking it from one extreme - Origins, which was the horribly watered down version of the character in a movie that barely fit in with the movies it was supposed to be a prequel to, and such a bad prequel that it didn't even explain where his own name came from - to an extreme R-rated movie that takes the character into this demented sadomasochistic realm that I don't think it needs either.

And that's not a matter of not understanding the character, it's a matter of just not liking how it was going to be told.
I understand this and agree to some extent. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. And my comment about "not having imagination" wasn't aimed at anyone in particular on this thread, it's more of an overall frustration I've had with comic fans for awhile now. More often than not they are too literal-minded when it comes to comic adaptations. Maybe I'm too open-minded in this respect. I had no problems whatsoever with Peter and MJ having sex on top of the Brooklyn Bridge in Cameron's script. It seemed well within the scope of possibility to me that they would have sex (and in places no one else could). I have similar feelings to the real world dimensions of Aronofsky's treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
This happens in the comics as well as film all the time. Its nothing new, especaily with this franchise. Some will dig it and agree with the change, others not so much. Nothing really wrong with that.
If you don't explore these characters on film beyond the panels from which they originate, then it's a disservice to the genre imo.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 10-19-2012 at 12:28 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote