View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #74
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
If you don't explore these characters on film beyond the panels from which they originate, then it's a disservice to the genre imo.
I disagree with that being "a disservice to the genre". Thats a bit much. What goes inbetween the panels can be a good thing or bad. Most want a faithful representation, as would anyone watching a novel adaption. Since this film is based on a particular stroyline most want this film as close as possible but theres about 40 years of material exploring Wolverine in the comics. One movie is not gonna go beyond that. And moving away from the panels has not made Wolverine a better character so far. Even with 4 movies they havnt came close to reaching his potential imo. It needs to try and grab the essence of why the character works in this story and setting as much as possible.

I personally wouldnt mind seeing Aronfskys take. The dudes a master story teller, and I have faith in anything he does. I really want a more adult approach to the character. But adding a harsher take with more sex and violence wont appeal to everyone.

Last edited by def28; 10-19-2012 at 01:54 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote