View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:26 AM   #83
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
Well Aronofsky's script for starters.

Clearly some people have a problem with the treatment of Wolverine which I just don't see in the context of the story. Everything he does seems in character considering his state of mind and surroundings. He's a killer who see's himself as an animal. Unhuman. On top of that he's in a relationship with a psychotic woman who loves that animal side of him. She brings out the worst in him. It's only natural that he'd get pulled down a black hole of murder, sex and debauchery. These actions are the natural manifistation of his character in this state of mind. I don't see any cavernous gaps between his actions and his moral center.

Because it would break new ground and expand the possibilities of what you can do with these characters.
Have you read the script? Or are you just judging based on the ideas presented that he had in mind? Without comparing both scripts being used its just a hard call to make imo. I trust Aronofsky, but I just dont have the info on Magolds version Vs his to make the call that it would be a worse take for the franchise. I def really want a more unleashed Wolverine this time arund but I think a good film is still possible even if it doesnt push the boundries as much. The themes and character can still be there.

Last edited by def28; 10-20-2012 at 12:38 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote