View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #28
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Well, hell, first there's the name. Wonder Woman? It's a terrible name. But really female superheroes are difficult all around. Particularly those that only wear red, white, blue and gold underwear. In order to have her make any sense whatsoever on film, you'd have to completely reimagine her character. But even then, I don't know what you could do with that name. I guess you could just call her Diana the entire movie and have her not actually be a superhero (similar to Black Widow).
I wholeheartedly agree. She's just a silly character altogether, at least when we're talking live action.
The MOS-universe does not need a female THOR. It would just bring the whole thing down credibility-wise.
An amazon warrior princess with ideals of love, peace, and sexual equality? Yep, that's what we need. Not that there's anything wring with those ideals, but come on...

The only way to do her is like you suggest, to completely reimagine the character, but then it wouldnt be WW anymore and then what's the point of including her.

But in order of avoiding JL turning into a sausage-fest you'd need a female character. I just dont know (or care) who it'd be.

Last edited by Rust; 10-20-2012 at 03:36 AM.