View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #47
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I see no problems with any of them. But I guess Superman, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter all sharing origins related to aliens is what makes that OK but Gods 'n dragons aren't? I dunno. All sounds good to me, and the people who bought Justice League books for the last 50 years.
Yeah i'm just not getting it at all. Why is one fine, and the other makes it totally unrealistic?

Besides, like I said earlier, Thor didn't feel ridiculous next to all the other Avengers. Why would WW? Thor being a God from Asgard didn't upset the tone of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
Speaking for myself here, but I couldn't be any happier that we'll get to see the Justice League on the big screen. This last 10, 12 years have been a real treat for comic book fans. Sure, there were a few missteps *coughcoughgreenlanterncough*, but if someone had told me, 7 years ago, that I'd get to see the Avengers on the big screen, and that adaptations for JL, Masters of the Universe, were on the way, it would be unbelievable.
Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, hell yeah, bring it on!!! Who could say no to that?
As a fan of superhero films in general, i'd be pretty excited about a JL film

I just think, as a Superman fan specifically, the timing is all wrong. I wish a JL franchise could come after at least 2 Superman films, and with the new Batman franchise set up with one film, and maybe even a WW film in place.

I just wish they weren't rushing into this, and basically stomping all over the future of Superman's solo movie franchise... or at least, that's what it feels like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Hmmm....let's see.....superMAN, batMAN, aquaMAN, hawkMAN........and then wonderWOMAN.....yeah, I think I see the problem you are having.

Yep....they don't obey and actually try to leave the kitchen.....how rude of them.

Because no male superheroes wear garrish colors that are considered underwear.

Yeah.....instead of fighting criminals, beating up men and monsters, or saving the world from alien invasion, she should be saving puppies and kittens from a flood, making a snack for Superman while he saves the world, or maybe heroicly comforting a child who scraped their knee.

Maybe wonderPERSON or maybe wonderI'MNOTREALLYTRYINGTOBEBETTERTHANAMAN.

Yeah....because heaven forbid a female actually think she could stand beside the men and do what they do too.

Misogyny is alive and well at the Hype!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*

Last edited by hopefuldreamer; 10-20-2012 at 12:20 PM.