View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #54
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Yeah considering it now just the idea of having Wonder Woman and Superman (Henry Cavill) in the same film would be VERY problematic. Cause then we'd have to buy that in this raw heavy realistic world that Snyder's creating (based on the teaser) that there would also be mythological creatures and an island of warrior princesses.
Why can't they take a realistic tone with WW as well. If they can adapt all of this Kryptonian stuff into MOS and still have it be grounded and realistic, why can't Wonder Woman do the same?

Why can't they take the approach of 'What if this demi-god from a mythological land was actually here today?' if they can take that approach with an alien being with superhuman powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Off-topic: Why can't Snyder throw us a bone during this lean period with at least another official pic or something! I've never been more looking forward to a movie but the wait for December is rough!
Yeah I was really hoping we'd have a few more official pics by now. I mean, it's only 7 months and 25 days to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I can only speak for myself.

I'm not gonna say that Superman has more reality to him than WW. But by making him into science fiction and playing up his alien heritage just creates a whole different plausibility than with WW. We dont know for certain what really goes on on the other side of the Solar-system, so that makes anything possible more or less. He's not of this earth and neither is GL(the alien side) and MM.

I see WW as more of a myth (greek mythology actually), something close to a god or demi-god and she's very much from earth whatever dimension/time she then originates from.
Like THOR there's just too much of a flimsy fairytale/fantasy-vibe going on. And WW ideals just sound a little "off" in the universe they're trying to create IF it's connected to MOS. Amazon-women striding around in golden swimsuits doesnt really belong in that universe.
But it all comes down to MOS and where they wanna take the whole thing.
But that is simply what the DC universe is. In the DC universe, mythological lands exist AND alien world's exist. You have the same problem with Aquaman and Atlantis. But the DC universe brings mythology and science fiction together.

Trying to run away from that is just a little silly to me.

And I don't know why you say like Thor there is too much... Thor was great. It wasn't too much. It was just right. They handled it perfectly IMO, and if Wonder Woman did the same, it would be absolutely plausible for her and Superman to exist within the same world.

But no, you don't have to have her standing around in a gold bikini. Just like they've modernised the Superman costume for MOS, just like they've adapted the entire look of Kryptonian wear for this film, they can do the same thing in WW.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*