View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 02:23 PM   #44
omens

Default Re: Batman: City of Scars

Apologies for the bump but I just watched this today. Completely blown away by it.

Agree with the dark, noir theme of the film - that's the atmosphere I want for Batman. The suit has made me change my stance - I've always believed it should have been black but the grey/black combo works. Didn't see much of the black trunks so unable to comment on it.

The Joker reminds me of the Joker from Arkham Asylum - laughing, humerous with a deadly edge. When he was prepping the bomb and muttering to himself, it was perfect. A reflection of the stuff going through his head. I felt let down by the Joker's last scene and how it happens but I loved the appearance and acting.

Agree with comments about the girls being poorer actors. Yes, crime alley was too brightly lit but it was daytime. Didn't like the logo itself but was amazed by the way it was done and how the bike wore the logo too.

Okay yes, overall, the writing and acting isn't perfect but for the budget/fan level, it was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Is it right for Batman to say the system is broken? I dont think he should have a line like that.

Thats more Punisher looking for an excuse to kill criminals cause he believes the system is broken.
I definitely felt if Batman didn't have a "no guns" rule, he'd have been the Punisher. The internal monologue, along with the atmosphere, is what sold this for me. Loved it all.

omens is offline   Reply With Quote