View Single Post
Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #100
StarvingArtist
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
He said that Superman is not in fact "gone" just because his suit has been altered. That's just objectively true.
Matter of semantics, and it wasn't the crux of his post. The categorically classic Superman design is in fact gone. I never meant to argue that Superman was replaced with something entirely different just because of a suit change. When I specified as such "the real Superman" in a previous post I meant it as a matter of hyperbole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I don't really like the sound of that. I mean, how are the Kents gonna raise baby Clark if they can't even lift him? Plus, the idea that he's living such a torturous existence is more depressing than anything and isn't the kinda problems I want him to have to deal with.

I don't think they should go with the concept that Kryptonians are more dense and heavier because there's just too many inconveniences as a result. Just say it's got something to do with an advanced molecular structure and there's no "world of cardboard" problems then.
Agreed about having it be a constant plot device to evoke sympathy. Though there have been story lines I remember where normal human characters are standing around talking about what it must be like for Superman and how he has to constantly be on his guard all the time so as not to take a wrong step and put a hole through the sidewalk. you know what, then again maybe stuff like this is just better suited for comic dork conversations on a message board