View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #183
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Backslash View Post
It's a good movie but I couldn't help feeling a bit disappointed afterwards. I'm in a phase in my where life where I value good story and character development in movies, especially superhero-movies, and the Avengers is lacking in both. That's, of course, the point of the 'prequels', so they didn't have to worry about it, when making the Avengers. But with all the hype and anticipation I was just hoping for... more.
In end there's really nothing new in this movie, and it ends up feeling like one of the prequels with a little bigger action scenes and less story and character development.
I find solace in the fact that a superhero-movie of this magnitude had that much succes and was even possible, and the promise that makes for the future of the genre. This opens doors for even more and better superhero-movies with bigger budgets for better writers and actors. We're entering some exciting times if you're into that stuff.
I understand that. And while I enjoy the movie greatly, I definitely agree that is the weak point of the film.