View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #265
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: Ok Guys...Shall we talk DVD/Blu-ray? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
"Slight foxing around the edges" was a reference to a term used to describe wear and tear on a used book. Whedon said he knew it because he collects Victorian literature (children's books?).
Hmm, Ok then. I thought it was more to it than that and some inside pun or something dirty. My mind, sometimes
Quote:
He did make mention of the language Loki used, saying that there was some discussion about how vile it was. Whedon said that he went with the "mewling quim" line because Loki is that nasty and he definitely would go there. It amuses me that there are people who are fine with Loki being an eye-ball drilling, genocidal, fratricidal, homicidal psychopath, but his use of a sexist and sexually-charged insult perturbed them. To me it was all of a piece. Loki is a savage who disguises his base persona well until the urge to degrade and demean others breaks the brittle crust of civilization that hides his depravity.
If he commented on the quim line in the commentary I must have missed it. I don't remember him talking about it. Great information though, thanks!

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote