View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #27
Darthkush
Avenger

Default Re: When did you first discover the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ?

I was also a ship jumper. I was born in 83. So from 83 to about 88 I was all about a combination of Transformers and Real ghostbusters with various other toyline sprinkled in between. Ninja Turtles was the first franchise that i became superobsessed with. I'd say around 89' when they started releasing the first season as videotapes(of which my little brother and I had most of them) that it became my favorite cartoon at the time. I think the first time I ever heard of them was when my mom, brother and I were shopping at Bradley's(remember that place? I don't know if they had them outside of the east coast but they were a staple of my childhood shopping experiences). We went to the toy aisle and I saw an open case of ninja turtle action figures. I was captivated by them and wanted one even though I didn't really know what they were. My brother got Michaelangelo and I got Leonardo. My first few figures(in order of when I got them)...

Leonardo
Raphael
Shredder
Donatello
Rocksteady
Baxter Stockman
Usagi Yojimbo
Metalhead
April O' Neil
Michaelangelo
Bebop
Krang
General Traag
Leonardo(again. I lost first one on a beach. My dad tells anyone who will listen that story. ehheheh).
Foot Soldier

I think around the time I got the second Leonardo was when I started getting so many so often that I don't remember what came next and in what order. I remember several christmases where I would get at least 8 or 9 of them at a time as well. I remember loving the toy comercials too. They really had that "I want those!" appeal going for them.

Darthkush is offline   Reply With Quote