View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #522
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I understand that take, but I think that the M of E might be more interesting if they were a collection of equal minds like the Avengers, perhaps some smarter than others, but what if Red Skull and Mandarin actually saw eye to eye on a plan. What if they clashed, similar to how Iron Man and Cap did towards the end? Sort of a reverse Avengers, in that they start out together and then fall apart.

But I wouldn't put Loki with the MoE, so as not to have any re-hash of Avengers 1.
In the comics, Red Skull is probably more the master criminal and mastermind compared to Mandarin. However, I wonder who will come out as the bigger villain post IM3. Will Mandarin seem more intimidating and relentless than Red Skull? Kingsley is probably a better actor than Hugo Weaving so he would likely seem to be more of a threat and more the one to take the lead.

But I think they probably would end up clashing eventually like you say.

By contrast, movie Dr Doom seems more of a lackey compared to Loki, Red Skull and Mandarin. I don't see him getting the better of any of them, which is what you'd expect from comic Doom.