View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The only people who fight him are the good old establishment (cops, etc). The people did nothing in the revolt against Bane, and IMO, I think it made the entire trilogy's point about the PEOPLE taking back their city moot. The people didn't take back the city in their darkest hour: cops did. Not even with the civilian help.
I didn't have a problem with the cops taking back the city. There was still a payoff there. It was full circle, we start with a corrupt police force in BB and TDK, but by the end of TDKR they are defending Gotham alongside the Batman. Cops are people too. Who were the biggest heroes on 9/11? Cops and firefighters who inspired an entire country.

TDK showed that Batman didn't want civilians literally physically fighting when they're not qualified for it. "That wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people". Now, I wouldn't have had a problem with some tougher civilians entering the battle, but I think from a visual standpoint it helped reinforce the war theme better to have all the police in their uniforms vs. the mercenaries in their wardrobe.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158