View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #239
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
The way that Alfred tells the story it comes off as a known legend surrounding Bane, even though it wasn't true. Talia seemed to be mostly unknown outside of the league and the pit prisoners didn't seem to equate the mercenary with Ra's if they even knew who he was. One of the things I love most about the movie is how it deals directly with legends, and not just with Batman.
I agree with everything you said here except that I don't think we can say for sure that Alfred's intel on Bane is false. He says he was born in raised in the prison and no one knows how he escaped the Pit, only that he was trained by Ra's once he got out. We know the second part is true, so it's very possible that the first part is too. As you said, Talia seems to be completely off the radar of the authorities (the CIA was looking for Bane, not Talia) so I'm doubting that somehow their two stories got confused.

But yes, the way the film deals with the idea of legends is one of the things I love the most about it too and really gives it that epic, chill down your spine element. Particularly the way Ra's' past is depicted in a way that has mirrors to Bruce.

What's really awesome to consider is that all the while the marketing and movie itself convinced us that the chant was all about Bane, it turns out Bruce is the only character in the film to get the chant and earn it. Talia escaped too yes, but the prisoners weren't chanting for her as they didn't want her to leave. Bruce definitely became the greatest legend of all to those prisoners.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote