View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Why are Talia and Bane on some kind of suicide mission to honor a man that didn't even raise Talia for much of her childhood and never accepted them anyway? Etc, etc etc. I am all for suspension of disbelief, but I don't feel what the film gave me was enough. People in desperation don't just lie down when the chips are down. Come life or death, people try to survive. They just don't wait for the bomb to explode. Likewise, I just don't buy Talia and Bane doing all this just to die in the name of a nebulous cause or give Batman the middle finger.
Talia & Bane represent Al-Qaeda. Terrorists who follow a code the rest of the world, specially us Americans will never understand.

The scene that further accentuates that notion is when Talia stabs Bruce. He's so shocked & despite connecting the dots still bothers to inquire as to why she would serve the memory of Ra's Al Ghul - a man who died trying to kill millions of innocent people.

Al-Qaeda can't ne negotiated with nor should we try to understand their "cause". Its not geopolitical nonsense. Its insanity.

Bruce's confusion, the look of horror in his face after she puts the knife in him, represents our own confusion regarding the Jihad agenda.