Old 10-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #29
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
This.

And this.

Also...honestly, the way Bane talked about fulfilling Ra's al Ghul's destiny had this quasi-religious resonance to it, as if Ra's was some kind of higher being that they all believed in and that his destiny had to be fulfilled. Especially when you consider that Ra's al Ghul is Arabic for The Demon's Head. Alfred mentions Bane having the "power of belief". I think the idea is there. The opening scene of the movie shows us that these people are willing to die for their cause at a moment's notice and have a deep conviction about what they're doing.

I think having the League of Shadows in these films is a good way to incorporate the idea of radical extremists and terrorism, fears relevant to our times, without getting too topical and specific about it that it stops being "Batman". And they stayed true to the general purpose behind the League of Assassins in the comics.
Agreed on all points.

Frankly, I didn't know Nolan was going to get as geopolitical as he did with TDKR. I went in expecting the real world, just not THE real world.

My only clue was the document released prior to the film that explained The Dent Act. Immediately I knew The Patriot Act's disguised presence in the film would somehow allude to modern terrorism.