View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #81
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
And it had a Cinemascore of A. Only comic book fans lash out at IM2. Pretty much everyone else i know who saw that movie said it was pretty entertaining, although most admitted it wasnt as good as the first. IM2 had its faults but its nowhere near the abject disaster comic fans make it out to seem imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
THIS.

The online hatred of Iron Man 2 isn't shared by most of the general audience. Everyone knows that it wasn't as good as the first movie, but it was nowhere near the utter bomb some claim that it was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
Agreed. The level of hate that people spew at this movie is limited to online movie forums filled with fanboys and rival fanboys. Nobody in the real world hated IM2. This is in contrast to movies like Green Lantern, Spider-Man 3, Superman Returns, Batman & Robin, Fantastic Four 2, and even Watchmen. These movies were franchise killers and required immediate reboots. Iron Man 2 directly led into a pretty decent hit in Thor. I doubt most people give that movie a chance without Iron Man 2. There is also a reason that Avengers was largely sold on Iron Man/Tony Stark/RDJ.
Agreed 100%

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*