View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #49
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

I will say this;

I view movies a little differently than most. Most of the time, I really don't give a **** about plotholes or illogicalities in the overall plot or story. Movies are, to me, firstly emotional experiences, and secondly philosophical experiences; if it ultimately resonates emotionally and philosophically for me, it really doesn't matter if there were some bumps in the road getting there.

But, generally, if I have a complaint about a movie I believe to be really good, I can usually narrow it down to a singular overarching aspect that diminishes its quality, and I think I've finally narrowed that down for TDKR...

It really should've been three separate movies. There was much that was happening and going on in it, that it truly needed about 6-8 hours of screen time to totally effectively tell the story it wanted to tell.

Watching TDKR, it plays out like LOTR movies would have if someone attempted to cram them all into a single 3 hour film; or when you see a film adaptation of a great book where corners have to be cut to fit such a massive tale into a single film.

I still like the movie as much as I ever did, of course, but without a doubt in my mind, had they separated the three acts into their own separate films, you would've ended up with an even better final product.