View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #160
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^ you haven't read any of the books???
Nope. And honestly I hesitate to start, at least not until after the films as a series are done. I've observed over the years with already established fandoms like this one that oftentimes those established book/comic fans appear to have a great deal of difficulty just letting go of preconceived notions and sitting down and enjoying the movies for what they are. Some can I am sure but at least some (usually the most vocal) seem unable to enjoy the film versions fully because they are too upset that such and such wasnt represented the way they see them, or a character they like isn't there at all, or they didnt tell the story exactly the way they read it the first time. So they think and often say on the internet that it sucks and I hate this character and I hate that about the films and get snarky or testy with anyone who appears to be enjoying those aspects of the films that they are mad about. It is sad, but I've seen and to a much lesser extent been in that type of frame of mind before enough and I don't particularly want to end up once again feeling that way going into theaters or coming on the internet to chat. Like I said, maybe after the series are done, and the hype has died down, it will be a good way to extend enjoyment of the characters. But I've always been more of a film buff in any case.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote