View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #85
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Ehhh no. City or civilization gets out of hand, they restore the balance to it. Makes sense.

City is crime free and happy, you destroy it. Makes no sense. That's the utter BS.
You say they're about ending crime. They're a group of assassins right? Why not just take out all the mobs with in series of well planned assassinations? Total ninja style. It would scare the living crap out of whoever's left more than Batman ever could. And if the mobs rebuilt themselves, do it again.

That would make a lot more sense than murdering the entire civilian population of Gotham, if we're to accept the premise that the LOS are really a bunch of reasonable dudes who just want crime to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
About time one of you finally admitted that. Reading this, Batlobster? You were always against that one.
Wait a minute. I still believe that Ra's and Talia/Bane shared the same set of basic ideals- that of the League of Shadows. So in that sense they are taking the torch from Ra's. I agree that their methods are more extreme, and therefore can't technically be said to be fulfilling Ra's destiny. Plus, Ra's would have never wanted to see Bane and his daughter working together, so it defies him in that sense too. But they absolutely feel that they're honoring Ra's. The truth is more gray. In some ways they are, in some ways they aren't.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 10-25-2012 at 03:51 PM.