View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #94
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
This is a comic book movie.

Not that it turned the villains into dullards with stupid schemes. Joker was a terrorist but he was still comic book Joker and his terrorism was based on the Killing Joke graphic novel idea about pushing people to their extremes and making them go bad like him.

Making villains like boring real world terrorists removes the captivating fantasy that you want from a comic book movie. If I want to watch terrorists doing stupid things for no reasons except bloodshed then I'll look at the news.

I go to the movies, especially comic book movies for escapism.

I dislike it because it's boring and uninteresting.

It's because of this you can bet your bottom dollar this movie won't be getting any best picture nominations let alone any wins.
$447 Million Domestic says the themes presented in this movie weren't boring and uninteresting to the American public.

Also, ARGO, a film about Jimmy Carter's lack of resolve during his presidency and the hostage situation in Tehran is being groomed for Best Picture & Best Director, so I don't see why you would think TDKR's geopolitical allusions are detrimental to its Oscar race.

If anything, its said real themes that will further elevate this film from average CBM in the eyes of the A.M.P.A.S.