View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #99
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: TDKR Oscar Chances? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
The point is the city is full of rotten people willing to take bribes and do dirty work for the mob.

You and I know the solution to a problem like that isn't to kill everyone, but to a crazy mind you can see why they would think extremist methods like that are necessary. It makes sense.

They think the only way to get rid of that crime is to hit the reset button on Gotham because they think the crime and despair and corruption is too deeply rooted in Gotham to just be excised like a rotten tooth.
Okay good. We agree on this point then. You're saying what I've been saying all along, that the LOS condemns the moral character of Gotham as a whole. Which by extension is a condemnation of greed and weakness.

So my question is, these same radical extremists stopped believing that Gotham is a place where evil and greed lurk JUST because the mayor passed a law that made it easier for them to lock up the mob? The end result is essentially the same if they had taken it upon themselves to take out the mob. It would have just been a band-aid. Just like the Dent Act is.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158